Creating a sustainable "place of learning" through activities targeting students
Objective of ActivityTo make students and others aware of the existence of "Okayama Voluntary Evening Junior High School" and those who are not able to receive adequate education due to various reasons. This will increase the number of supporters and patrons of the Okayama Voluntary Nighttime Junior High School and enhance the learning environment.
Overview of Activity1. Providing opportunities for tours to raise awareness of Okayama Voluntary Evening Junior High School
2. Recruitment of volunteer staff in the Okayama University application and the Education Department line.
3. Publicity and fundraising activities in the city, mainly by students
4. Provide opportunities and systems for high school and college students to casually experience teaching
5. Planning for the issuance of "Volunteer Certificates"
6. Support for learning for foreigners, formality graduates, and others who have not received compulsory education in Japan for any reason
7. Planning of research and studies on Evening Junior High Schools
Expected effectsBy increasing the number of supporters and sponsors of Okayama Voluntary Evening Junior High School, it is expected that those who are not able to receive adequate education due to various reasons will have a better opportunity to learn and acquire reading, writing, and basic calculation skills.
◎This initiative received the Encouragement Award of the FY2021 Okayama University SDGs Promotion Award (President Award).
① Okayama Voluntary Evening Classes at Public Junior High School Student Public Relations Department